Friday, October 31, 2008

Believe it or not, I've just spent the last several hours spelunking around FreeBSD, and end it with a smile lol.


I got tired of a program I was writing (and a minor headache), so... I turned my attention to something that's been on my todo list for ages. Tracking more and more of how the system handles it's startup procedures. It would certainly be a bit more helpful to my understandings, if I had ever had time to learn x86 assembly. Maybe someday, I'll get to that part of my todo list, lol but by then AMD64 will probably be old as a Pentium :\


Well after 0500 now, time to get some sleep.... Flibin' work early tomorrow, and another day of... annoyance.


Terry@dixie$ uptime && shutdown -p +2 'head hits keyboard, begins to snore loudly'
 9:23AM  up  6:15, 2 users, load averages: 0.07, 0.09, 0.06
Shutdown at Fri Oct 31 09:25:48 2008.
shutdown: [pid 3624]
Terry@dixie$                                                                                
*** System shutdown message from Terry@dixie.launchmodem.com ***             
System going down in 2 minutes                                                 
                                                                               
head hits keyboard, begins to snore loudly                                     
                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment