Thursday, October 23, 2008

Writer's Block: Fright Show

'Tis the season for scary movies. Some rank The Evil Dead as the best horror film of all time. What is your favorite scary movie?
Live Journals Writer's Block


For me, that's a relatively hard thing to think of. There has only really been one movie that ever really scared me. There have been a few that have made be uncomfortable over the years, but nothing 'scary' for the most part. Simply put, I know it's a movie lol.


I don't particularly care much for horror movies, unless their is something much more interesting then trying to freak people out. Books and games are better for that, because it's a more immersive medium. Hmm, that reminds me... There was one game that did scare me a fair bit when I was younger, Resident Evil. But that was fairly minimal, because I was strongly decided, that if such an absurd thing as zombies ever appeared out of no where taking over most of the city, my arsenal of squirt guns, super soakers, and other weapons would have to also be capable of firing a zombie melting fluid, that never runs out >_>.


Ahh, the imagination of children... Sometimes scary, sometimes a safe guard against fear. It's always good for a kid to be able to tell the difference between make believe, and reality, without losing the ability to be creative.




When it comes to movies, I much prefer comedy, action, and science fiction flicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment