Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Library takedown

The new reading list:


Maximum Security: A Hacker's Guide to Protecting Your Internet Site and Network -- I wonder what the last chapter I read was last time I checked it out hehe.

Upgrading and Repairing Servers -- I'd love to learn more and it's got some stuff that interests me a lot on the bare hardware-level.


Learning Java, Second Edition -- Useful because the book I own on Java was published ~1996.

The TCP/IP Guide: A Comprehensive, Illustrated Internet Protocols Reference -- Probably will put me to sleep but is useful to have on hand, should I have time to read it.


Linux® Programming Bible -- Old (2000'ish I think) but worth a thumb through in case I learn any thing I missed from it. I think it even includes a basic unix shell in the code listing, which is nice because one of my projects was trying to implement a bare bones shell in ruby.



Not counting indexes, glossaries, or appendixes (one of which as A-D I think): There are 4746 pages in all !

Counting every books last page with a pg# on it, we have 5381 pages total !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment