Thursday, July 29, 2010

An example of why I hate my memory

In the ever continuing effort to obliterate crap and consolidate space -> where books win out! I came across an old Star Trek figurine that I got a zillion years ago, which spent most of its time in a video game draw next to boxed SNES games until finally getting "Jarred" sometime around the PS2 era.

Here's what sucks about my memory: I can remember....

  • The scene (and borg) it was obviously modelled after, doubt I've seen that episode in 6 or more years.
  • The look and feel of the store it was bought in, doubt Suncoast is still in business the way it was in the early 90s.
  • The mall it was bought in and part of its layout, wonder if it's even still there... lol.
  • I can almost remember the sales associates face but I'll be damned if I could remember his name tag or pick'em out of a photo stack.
For some reason french fries also come to mind, maybe we hit the food court that day too.


Also looked at the bottom of the plastic figurine, it's copyright date is 1992. I assume it was bought around cica 1993 but my head isn't that good with date/time groups, or names... :-/.


*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment