Sunday, February 3, 2008

Days coding

The current stage of things for the settings menu. As can be seen I still have a few things to do with the layouts, I think a grid would be better personally. At the moment it also doesn't actually set the settings it front ends for yet. I still need to test out the QSettings class first to see if I want to replace the custom system I've done with Pythons build in INI parser or not. I also need to cook up some icons and finish the portsnap entry. Right now it is purely a Qt3 program but if PC-BSD has finally fixed the 'ugly' theme settings for root under KDE I might consider a conversion to KDE modules before Qt4/KDE4. At least since what ever version I used to install on my Laptop the default Qt3 themes for Root are even worse...


Another thing I want to do is look at Pythons ability to handle manipulation of UID, it would be kind of nice to prompt for roots password and only elevate permissions when necessary. I aim for things to be the best they can be but paranoia never hurt in programming... hehe. Some day I would also like to expand this beyond explicitly using portupgrade/pkg_*/portsnap/csup/cvsup/psearch in the background but I don't have time right now. I could get more done if I had a peaceful working environment.... any way here are some screen shots


click to enlarge images

ports settings
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

logging settings
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

network settings
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I think this is pretty good considering I rewrite most of what I already had today and most of this was done in about 6 hours of work, between chores, dog walking, lunch, interruptions, and phone answering ! Plus another hour or so of minor changes and additions so far tonight. I wish my strength could hold out for another 5 hours worth of work so I could get done some of the other things on my list for the night.... Hopefully I can get at least some of the other work done before I pass out. because I do need to get some shuteye if I'm ever going to make it to work in the tomorrow on time.


*SIGH*

No comments:

Post a Comment