Thursday, February 28, 2008

Downloading FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE and hoping my internet connection doesn't fuck up on me.... freaking phones !!!


I'd like to tell bellsouth where they can stick there equipment...


Currently running 334MB of 509MB (rounded) and going at 270~340KB/Sec and still going full steam a head downloading i386 Disc #1.


I'm shocked really, the main download server already popped past the max connection limit when I went to browse the files.

Seeing the situation I started looking to see which US mirror was the fastest, several seemed to be KiA when I started pinging to find the best response time. Oddly enough ftp13.us.FreeBSD.org had the best response and by a vast majority !!!


Oh baby is this gonna be a goooooooooood release xD. I started with FreeBSDs 6.0-RELEASE and look forward to seeing the things coming out of current hehe. There's also a driver for 7.0 that I want to test out some time soon, I might have to wait awhile... I know my desktop did a kernel compile of 6.1-Release in like ~45 minutes but my laptop is not quite as powerful....


Haha, this reminds me of when my file server ran FreeBSD. Chugging away on that little 500Mhz Pentium III it used to take like 6 to 8 hours to recompile the entire operating system but always rock solid.


Even if I was sound asleep by the end <_<

No comments:

Post a Comment