Tuesday, September 9, 2008

GIGO, How to debug and fix code the hard way

THAT SON OF A BISCUIT BAKING PIECE OF HOG CRAP OF A MODULE !!!!!


I've finally found the problem that, i spent 3 hours trying to prove was broken. Only to find out, the 'contract' behavior it expected from it's environment at fault. And the rest of the module, is such a hopeless pile of shit, that I didn't realize it, until I found the simple fact.


Garbage In, Garbage Out, but no Error message.


I never checked the data stream output, because the interface test failed. But it actually did do exactly what it was supposed to do, just with garbage values, which through off the rest of the code... That ignores errors rather then handling them.



If I h ave got to kick the bitch in the teeth twice a day to do it, this website will furfil the [SAS]'s needs.Or it will get ripped apart bit by bit and rebuilt as something that will serve them well!

No comments:

Post a Comment