Monday, September 1, 2008

The long and tiring road

I've been very weary of late,


Perhaps even more so now that I've been off work for a bit. I don't think I go back to work until Wednesday, hope it's not tomorrow lool. The only time I generally know what day it is, is when I'm at work. What I really need is something like Lothlórien. When the Fellowship of the Ring stopped in the beautiful Lothlórien, they were able to find a time of great rest before continuing on with their quest (after just losing Gandalf the gray in the mines of Moria and a long march to flee from the orcs).


I've been very busy, little sleep, no real R&R,and it's almost time to go back to work :-(. I really need a dang gum vacation !!! It seems that no matter what I do, the things I seek are always on the edge, just beyond my grasp.


Gaily bedight,
A gallant knight,
In sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long,
Singing a song,
In search of Eldorado.

But he grew old,
This knight so bold,
And o'er his heart a shadow,
Fell as he found,
No spot of ground,
That looked like Eldorado.

And, as his strength,
Failed him at length,
He met a pilgrim shadow;
"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be,
This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the mountains
Of the moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

-- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe, 1849.

I Always did like that Poem

No comments:

Post a Comment