Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Writer's Block: Eat, Drink, Be Merry

Thanksgiving is almost here in the U.S., heralding the start of the holiday season and the first of many meals where you might be confronted with a traditional dish that you happen to find disgusting. What holiday food do you hate to see on the table?
Live Journals Writer's Block


!!! TURKEY !!!



There, I've said it! lol. I'm not fond of turkey, because until this year there has always been a 22lbs average of turkey for 4 people -> I like leftovers, but not that much man! I don't really care much for Chicken either, but I eat it when that's what is given. Although I wasn't raised that way, I am the sort of person that will eat what ever is put in front of me, if I consider it palatable enough to stand it.

That reminds me of a family joke; my father telling my mom. that he would do anything for her. To which the rest more or less goes like this:

My mom: "I know one thing you won't do"
My dad: "What's that beautiful?"
My mom: "Cook a turkey!"
My dad: "You're right, I won't do it!"


Like my father, I would prefer a HAM :-). But the turkey is what is on the table, so that's what I eat til the next moon cycle lolololol.



N.B. Stuffing that was cooked in the bird, I don't consider palatable; cooked outside, s'ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment